NEW! We now offer proper windows set up automatically on our VPS servers. You no longer have to install via ISO.
We offer Windows 2016 and 2019. You still need to bring your own license.
KVM Windows VPS servers at JavaPipe do not come with a Windows license. So you will need your OWN Windows server license and be able to support the OS issues yourself.
Below are old ISO instructions.
When you select Windows Server in the VPS order form, it will install a Linux OS. Once the order is complete, you will be able to follow the process below to install the Windows Server..
Please note: These steps can be complicated, so feel free to request us to install Windows for you.
In order to install the Operating System, please follow these steps:
- Log into your client area account.
- Navigate to your package details.
- Click on Services in the menu and select My Services.
- You should see list of services if you have more than one.
- Click Active on the right for the one in question.
- Scroll down and click on VPS Configuration
- In the new window Change Boot order to 1) CD Drive 2) Hard Disk. This will tell the bootup process to try and boot from CD Drive first.
- In Select ISO select the windows server you wish to install.
- For the secondary CD-ROM, select virtio-win-latest.iso - for virtio drivers.
- Click Submit button and wait for success message. 'The settings have been save successfully' May take a few minutes. Then click Close to close the window.
- Now click on the VNC button click on Launch HTML 5 VNC Client button.
- This will open new window console to your VPS.
- Getting your VPS to boot the CD can be tricky. Please read next steps 14-17 before action.
- Keep your VNC window open to the side.
- Click Poweroff VPS (Red Power Button), and then Start/Stop VPS (Green Arrow Button) using the buttons in the Power Options box.
- Soon as you click start, click Connect and then as soon as first text comes up press ANY KEY.
- Please note, you may have to click Connect several times in your VNC window until it connects.
- Allow time for VPS to load the Windows ISO. Expand VNC window by dragging one of the corners.
- Follow instructions of the Windows installation.
- First screen. Select your language, currency and keyboard layout, then click Next.
- Second screen: Click Install Now.
- Third screen: Select the Windows version to install.
- Fourth screen: Accept license terms.
- Fifth screen: Select type of installation. Chose the Custom Install Windows Server.
- Sixth screen: You won't see any disks so you need to Load Window Disk Driver, so click Load driver.
- Seventh screen: Click Browse on popup and select through the tree:
- > CD Drive : virtio-win-0.1.1 > viostor >2k12R2 (your operating system) > amd64 (your version) then click OK
- IMPORTANT for 2016 select 2k16 > amd64 or for 2019 select 2k19 > amd64
If you don't do this right your network will NOT work
- Click Next once the driver is added.
- Eighth screen: Delete both partitions and then create New allocating all existing space.
- Select Drive 0 Partition 2 and click Next.
- Final screen is the status of windows installation in progress.
- Once completed, in order to access it via RDP, you need to enable RDP connections and allow the RDP connection through firewall.
For any issues you encounter, feel free to contact us.
Heres a video that follows the above instructions.