Requirements of CentOS Web Panel Installer:
To avoid getting any problems, please make sure to read all of the following important instructions thoroughly prior to the CWP installation process.
- Only install CWP on a freshly installed CentOS 7 server without any configuration changes.
- Minimum RAM requirement for 32-bit 512MB and 64-bit 1GB with 10GB of free space.
- Only static IP addresses are currently supported, no support for dynamic, sticky, or internal IP addresses.
- There isn’t any uninstaller for removing CWP after installation, you must reload the OS to remove it.
Install CentOS Web Panel (CWP) on CentOS 7
1. To start the CWP installation, login into your server as root and make sure to set the correct hostname.
Important: The hostname and domain name must be different on your server (for example, if domain.com is your domain on your server, then use hostname.domain.com as your fully qualified hostname).
# hostnamectl set-hostname cwp.javapipe.com # hostnamectl
Setup Server IP Addresses
2. To setup network, we will use nmtui (NetworkManager Text User Interface) utility, which offers a graphical user interface to configure networking by controlling Network Manager.
# yum install NetworkManager-tui # nmtui
Installing CentOS Web Panel
3. After setting hostname and static IP address, now you need update your server to the latest version and install wget utility to fetch and install the CWP installation script.
# yum -y update # yum -y install wget # cd /usr/local/src # wget http://centos-webpanel.com/cwp-el7-latest # sh cwp-el7-latest
Please be patient as the installation progress can take between 10 and 20 minutes to complete. Once the install has finished you should see a screen saying “CWP” installed and list of credentials required to access the panel. Make sure to copy or write down the information and keep it safe:
Once ready, press “ENTER” for server reboot. If the system does not reboot automatically simply type “reboot” to reboot the server.
CentOS Web Panel Configuration
4. After server reboot, login into server as root, once login you will see different welcome screen with information about the logged users and the current disk space usage.
ow log in to your CentOS Web Panel server using the link provided by the installer on your server.
CentOS WebPanel Admin GUI: http://SERVER-IP:2030/ Username: root Password: your root password
For additional configuration instruction, please check out wiki/documentation site.