Before you request your True Business ID, you will need the following documents listed below. Geotrust only gives you 7 days to provide them with the documents. If you do not meet this deadline, they will cancel the order.
True Site is a patent pending authentication service. When you enroll in True Site, GeoTrust will verify that the enrollment represents the business entity responsible for the Internet domain name for which the True Site enrollment is requested. Before proceeding through the enrollment process, you should know what information you will need to provide in order for our team to complete the verification process.
You must make sure that the following items consistently match in order to have your True Site enrollment completed:
- The registrant listed in the InterNIC/WHOIS records for the domain name in question
- The organization appearing in your "Proof of Organization" documents or DUNS number (see below)
- The organization entered into the True Site enrollment form
After you submit the enrollment form, please fax your Proof of Organization document (see below) and a copy of the InterNIC WHOIS record for your domain to 1-770-360-9571. Include the domain name and order ID number on the fax cover sheet. If any of the above items do not match or are not submitted, the processing of your True Site enrollment will be delayed.
Acceptable documents for Proof of Organization include:
- DUNS number (Dun and Bradstreet).
- Articles of Incorporation
- Business License
- Doing Business As (DBA) registration
- Partnership documentation
- Sole Proprietorship documentation
If you represent a Government Department, Non-Government Organization, or a University, then you should:
- or call us at 1-866-436-8787
- Note: All documents must be provided in English or with an English translation.
All of your information must be received by GeoTrust before your order can be completed. Once you have submitted these documents, they will not be required again unless the organization or common name changes.
In addition, we may contact your state or local government to confirm that your organization is in "Good Standing".