Note: # means ROOT prompt.
- # yum install libaio bc flex
- Download oracle-xe-11.2.0-1.0.x86_64.rpm.zip and unzip
- # rpm -ivh oracle-xe-11.2.0-1.0.x86_64.rpm
- # run /etc/init.d/oracle-xe configure
- Set http port to 8081 to avoid conflict with JBoss or Apache Tomcat installation.
- Be sure to remember what password you set for SYS and SYSTEM when running configure.
- Use . /u01/app/oracle/product/11.2.0/xe/bin/oracle_env.sh to set environment variables.
Test installation http://YOURIP:8081/apex/ You will notice that you need to include workspace name. Default workspace is 'internal' but you will need to create an admin account.
Follow instructions below to create an admin account.
- Log into server via shell.
- Add oracle env with whatever user: . /u01/app/oracle/product/11.2.0/xe/bin/oracle_env.sh
- cd to apex directory where scripts are located: /u01/app/oracle/product/11.2.0/xe/apex
- Now log into sqlplus system/password
- then run command within prompt: @apxxepwd.sql admin and hit enter.
- Now you need to change password in apex. go to http://localhost:8081/apex/apex_admin and login with admin/admin
- Change password where prompted. Be mindful of password rules.
- Now go to http://YOURIP:8081/apex and enter internal for workspace name, user: admin and your password.
If you need help with this - feel free to submit support ticket and we will be happy to assist you.